BattleArms BAD-ASS-LIGHT Lightweight Ambi Safety Selector
Made in the USA
The best just got better! From the inventors of the very first fully modular, patented, ambidextrous safety selector for the AR-15 platform, Battle Arms Development is raising the bar on reliability and compatibility while lowering the price with the new generation BAD-ASS-LITE!
This professional-grade, LIGHTWEIGHT semi-auto safety selector is the perfect upgrade to your AR-15. The CNC machined, billet 7075-T6 aluminum skeletonized levers are strong and lightweight. It comes standard with a precision SWISS CNC machined reversible throw steel safety center core with 0°-90° and 0°-60° short-throw options. The standard and short aluminum safety levers are fully interchangeable and modular to accommodate left or right-handed shooters.
The new BAD-ASS-LITE is now 100% compatible with all known1, AR variant lower receivers and triggers designed to work with the “Mil-Spec” AR-15 semi-auto safety. No longer do you need a short-throw relief cut on your lower receiver to use the ambidextrous safety, simply use the provided short-throw markings sticker! No longer do you have to choose which trigger is compatible with the safety! If the trigger will work with a “Mil-Spec” AR-15 semi-auto safety, it will work with the new BAD-ASS-LITE!
No more broken screws! Don’t settle for wiggling levers! No more stripped screw heads! The new patent-pending dovetail design and internal locking mechanism make it impossible to shear off the screw head because there is no screw head! Do not settle for spring-loaded detents that never give your safety lever that positive lock of confidence and worry about losing the small parts. The new BAD-ASS-LITE locking mechanism is robust, reliable and something you can depend your life on! The new 5/64” set screw is also designed to resist stripping.
- SKU: BAD-ASS-LITE
- Manufacturer: Battle Arms Development, Inc.
- Center Material/Finish: Swiss CNC Machined Bar-Stock Steel Core, Hardened, Black Phosphate
- Lever Material/Finish: CNC Billet 7075-T6 Aluminum, Anodized Black
- Assembly Weight: 0.50 oz (center core, standard lever, short lever, and two set screws)
- Center Core Weight: 0.39 oz (with two set screws)
- Standard Lever Weight: 0.07 oz
- Short Lever Weight: 0.04 oz
- Country: Made In U.S.A.
- Patent: US 8,806,790, US 9,587,897 and Others Pending
- Modular Assembly
- Ambidextrous Controls
- Reversible 0°- 60° or 0°- 90° Option
- Lightweight, Billet 7075-T6 Aircraft Grade Aluminum Levers
- Ergonomic Lever Design for Positive Purchase
- Limited Lifetime Warranty Against Manufacturing Defects
- Dovetail Attachment Engineered for Ultimate Strength and Reliability
- Patent Pending Internal Locking Mechanism Eliminates Broken Screws
- Swiss CNC Machined Center for Ultimate Precision and Butter Smooth Operation
- Compatible with All Known AR Variant Triggers(1) (i.e. Hiperfire, Geissele, CMC, Timney, etc.)
- Compatible with All Known AR Variant Lower Receivers with or w/o Short-Throw Relief Cut and Markings
- 1 x Reversible Safety Center – 0°-60° or 0°-90° Semi-Auto – Hardened Steel, Black Phosphate
- 1 x Standard Lever – Aluminum, Black Anodized
- 1 x Short Lever – Aluminum, Black Anodized
- 2 x 8-32x¼in Set Screws 5/64in Hex – Black Oxide
- 1 x 5/64in Hex Short Arm L-Key – Black Oxide
- 1 x Hardened SS Safety Detent – Black Nitride Finish
- 1 x Safety Selector Detent Spring
- 1 x Short-throw Fire Marking Sticker
Installation Notes: Please use the long end of the included wrench for installation. Torque to 5in-lbs. Application of non-permanent thread-locker can be used.
Notes: There is no longer a “lawyer pin” like the previous BAD-ASS-ST or BAD-CASS-SA-ST short-throw safety selectors. The new BAD-ASS-PRO center will fit into all lower receivers with “Mil-Spec” safety selector hole dimensions. If the BAD-ASS-PRO safety selector is installed, on the short-throw option, in a lower receiver without the proper short-throw FIRE markings, the provided short-throw marking sticker must be used. BAD-ASS-PRO safety selector is compatible with all known, to us, AR variant lower receivers and AR variant trigger designed to work with “Mil-Spec” style AR-15 semi-auto safety selectors. However, there is always a possibility that a new lower or trigger design, unknown to us, is incompatible with our safety.